Monday, February 16, 2015

Alone In A Crowd

                                          Alone In A Crowd


Alone in a city of millions,
on a crowded sidewalk.
Alone in a car at Freeway rush hour,
or dinner for one at a trendy restaurant.

I had a family; everyone does,
but I am alone in a crowd.
Concert, movie, commuter train,
does anyone see the pain?

Does anyone feel the same?
Alone in the Airport, Train Station.
Arrivals, departures, I am neither.
I wait for no one, no one waits for me.

Is it just me; can it be?
Or; are we All alone?
Each with our load to bear;
a job, a mission, a journey-to where?

Is the task so tough, the burden too great
to care, to share,
to see the other person there-alone
to give a smile, to say; Hello.

The world looks better
to me, to you
when we share
when we care.


Liz e LaVenture Feb. 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment