Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Transition Thru The Looking Glass

a nod to Lewis Carroll

Used to be I'd look in a mirror
I didn't see me.
Not truly,
Not me.

I saw a young boy;
A teenage boy,
A man,
Not me.

I took a chance,
A leap
Thru the Looking Glass.
Fear was forgotten.

Clearly; now I saw
Who I was meant to be.
Now the image in the mirror
Is that of a woman set free.

Some refer to "Choice".
A "Choice"?
To be me?
Who else then would I be?

"Choice" - I beg to differ.
I call it a chance.
We only get so many.
Some go by unseen.

There is no Bookie
To predict odds of when.
Or if,
Or even success.

Chance comes to some young,
Some old.
Some get a second chance,
Some no chance.


So - When you look in a mirror
Who do you see?
Is that truly you,
Or someone other looking to be free.

Liz e LaVenture
June 3, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment